Best News of 2012: Pay $15 Trillion US debt in Full!
- We have enough oil (as well as natural gas and coal) to become nationally debt free. Consider Steven Moore’s Wall Street Journal interview with Harold Hamm, the Oklahoma-based founder and CEO of Continental Resources, the 14th-largest oil company in America: Mr. Hamm calculates that if Washington would allow more drilling permits for oil and natural gas on federal lands and federal waters, “I truly believe the federal government could over time raise $18 trillion in royalties.” That’s more than the U.S. national debt, I say. He smiles. This was also featured in The Blaze.
- We know about offshore and Alaska oil, but the greatest new find is in North Dakota, Montana and Saskatchewan. Although the total amount of oil contained in the Bakken shale could be several hundred billion barrels, the oil is trapped within the shale itself, and is consequently hard to extract.
- Environmentalists are doing everything they can to block US drilling. Their agenda is another story, but they are totally dominating the present administration. Part of the solution is to work passionately to elect a President and Congress willing to tap our abundant resources to completely solve both our jobs and debt problems.
- The practical solution hinges on the discovery of a new method of extracting oil from shale developed in Israel that is different from the controversial “fracking” now used. According to Dr. Harold Vinegar, Chief Scientist of Israel Energy Initiatives (“IEI”), the company in charge of the project, Israel may possess as much as 250 billion barrels of oil, nearly equaling the 260 billion barrel Saudi reserves…Vinegar stressed that IEI’s approach to shale oil production is designed to protect the environment and does not involve “fracking” at all, the method most often used today to extract fossil oil and gas from shale.Harold Vinegar, 63, who was chief scientist at Royal Dutch Shell until 2008 explains that he has helped develop a cleaner method of extracting oil shale that is less polluting. This method consists of extracting the oil shale using heat rather than huge quantities of water and chemical which is involved in ‘fracking’. The company hopes to start a pilot by the end of the year to demonstrate that Vinegar’s heating method works and has ‘no negative effects on the environment’. The article adds that the ‘process is not supposed to release any poisonous gases, and the oil produced will be very easy to refine.’
- Biblical prophecy predicts Israel will ultimately gain great wealth through the blessings of God. This is seen already with huge reserves of natural gas offshore, and now oil. This explains the motive for the great invasion of Ezekiel’s prophecy:
Thus says the Lord Yehovah: “On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’— to take plunder and to take booty, to stretch out your hand against the waste places that are again inhabited, and against a people gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who dwell in the midst of the land. Sheba, Dedan, the merchants of Tarshish, and all their young lions will say to you, ‘Have you come to take plunder? Have you gathered your army to take booty, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to take great plunder?’ ” Ezekiel 38:10-13
- There is only one catch for America. Our prosperity is irrevocably linked to God’s blessing and our Judeo-Christian heritage.Contrary to man’s narrative, God’s trending story concludes with Israel being restored to world prominence. Rather than the US helping Israel, the only hope for America is if Israel helps us. Or more explicitly, if we stand with and bless Israel. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed. Genesis 12:3
- This commentary was inspired by a financial message by my friend, Pastor Jim Sink of Covenant Church International. He taught on the widow Elisha prayed for who received such abundance of oil that her debt was paid with plenty left for retirement. My wife, Doreen, made the connection that the oil God has placed in America, enough to pay off our national debt, is like the provision for that widow. May it be done for us, Yehovah God, according to your word. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
Les Lawrence, Voice of Christian Zionists (READ MORE)