The European Union says there is no ‘tangible evidence’ that Hizbullah is a terror org. Today’s post is almost entirely quoted from a Gabe Kahn article at Israel National News. I quote from it here to expose the hypocrisy and willful ignorance of Israel’s enemies in the West, including the EU. Do you remember #3 on this list where 241 US Marines were killed in 1983? Pray for truth to triumph over lies.
Justice is turned back, And righteousness stands afar off; For truth is fallen in the street, And equity cannot enter. Isaiah 59:14
While Hizbullah claims it does not carry out terror attacks, Western and Israeli officials have long blamed Hizbullah for direct involvement in, or orchestrating by proxy:
- The 1982–1983 Tyre headquarters bombings.
- The April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing.
- The 1983 barracks bombing that killed 241 US marines, 58 French paratroopers and 6 civilians at the US and French barracks in Beirut.
- The Hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985.
- The Lebanon hostage crisis from 1982 to 1992, including the kidnapping and torture-murder of CIA Beirut station chief William Buckley.
- The 1992 Israeli Embassy attack in Buenos Aires, killing 29, in Argentina.
- The 1994 AMIA bombing of a Jewish cultural centre, killing 85, in Argentina.
- The 1996 Khobar Towers bombing, which killed 19 Saudi citizens, and 1 American.
- The 2000 cross-border kidnapping and murder of IDF soldiers Adi Avitan, Benyamin Avraham, and Omar Sawaidwere.
- In 2002, Singapore accused Hizbullah of recruiting Singaporeans in a failed 1990s plot to attack US and Israeli ships in the Singapore Straits.
- The 2005 assassination of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri for which 4 Hizbullah members were indicted by the Hague.
- The 2006 kidnapping and murder of IDF soldiers Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev, which precipitated the 2006 Israel-Lebanon War.
- Indiscriminately targeting Israeli civilians with rocket fire during the ensuing 34 day conflict.
- The January 15, 2008, bombing of a U.S. Embassy vehicle in Beirut.
- In 2009, a Hizbullah plot in Egypt was uncovered, where Egyptian authorities arrested 49 men for planning attacks against Israeli and Egyptian targets in the Sinai Peninsula.
- A failed 2011 bombing in Istanbul targeting the Israeli consul, which left eight dead.
- A spate of bombings targeting Israeli diplomats in India, Georgia, and Thailand in early 2012.
Please think for yourself when you read the news. Mark Twain’s quote could be updated (with my humble apology). “If you don’t read the Internet, you’re uninformed. If you read the Internet, you’re mis-informed.”
Les Lawrence, Voice of Christian Zionists (READ MORE)