This was perhaps the most powerful 45 seconds of silence you will ever witness. Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu exposed the hypocrisy of the nations who have not condemned the Iran’s constant calls for Israel’s annihilation.
The most poignant moment of the speech involved no remarks at all, as Netanyahu, in his seventh UN General Assembly address, asked the body if it had forgotten the lessons of the Holocaust just seventy years since its founding. He quoted from Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, from its president and its military commanders, all reiterating a familiar pledge: Israel, a state where six million Jews reside, must be annihilated, sooner rather than later. “Seventy years after the murder of six million Jews, Iran’s rulers promise to destroy my country, murder my people,” Netanyahu said. “And the response from this body— the response from nearly every one of the governments represented here— has been absolutely nothing. Utter silence. Deafening silence.”
Silence followed the charge as the prime minister surveyed the room with a stoic stare. None spoke or moved in the audience as Netanyahu, at the lectern, remained quiet for nearly a minute. Jerusalem Post 10-1-15
I also want to share my top five quotes from the speech:
- When bad behavior is rewarded, it only gets worse.
- The best intentions don’t prevent the worst outcomes.
- Make sure that the inspectors actually inspect. Make sure that the snapback sanctions actually snap back. And make sure that Iran’s violations aren’t swept under the Persian rug.
- In four years of horrific violence in Syria, more than a quarter of a million people have lost their lives. That’s more than ten times, more than ten times, the number of Israelis and Palestinians combined who have lost their lives in a century of conflict between us. Yet last year, this Assembly adopted 20 resolutions against Israel and just one resolution about the savage slaughter in Syria. Talk about injustice. Talk about disproportionality. Twenty. Count them. One against Syria.
- Israel is civilization’s front line in the battle against barbarism.So here’s a novel idea for the United Nations: Instead of continuing the shameful routine of bashing Israel, stand with Israel. Stand with Israel as we check the fanaticism at our door. Stand with Israel as we prevent that fanaticism from reaching your door. Ladies and Gentlemen, stand with Israel because Israel is not just defending itself. More than ever, Israel is defending you. (Click for full text of speech) (Click for video of speech)
Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:4
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May they prosper who love you.” Psalm `22:6
Les Lawrence, Voice of Christian Zionists (READ MORE)