Major news this week…President Trump hosts Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at the White House. He arrived a few hours ago and is meeting with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson among other dignitaries today and tonight. Tomorrow he will meet with President Trump. Here are some prayer points. They are followed by my comments on Thursday after the press conference.
- Praise God for a new attitude from our government toward Israel. This was clear in the warm tone of the joint press conference.
- Give thanks for godly counsel surrounding both men. We continue to pray for this.
- Appreciation that Israel’s Chief Rabbi blessed Netanyahu before he left. This is critical for Israeli unity and for putting God first.
- Pray for a clear announcement to move our Embassy to Jerusalem, despite rumors. This was mentioned as an issue “under consideration with caution.”
- Pray for a strong statement in favor of settlement/annexation. This was an issue to be discussed further. But the biggest headline of the meeting was President Trump’s public openness to a “one-state” option in addition to the “two-state” that has prevailed for 70 years. That was a major new path to peace. The knee-jerk rejection of annexation (one-state), is always based on the widely accepted (but incorrect) idea that Arabs would soon outnumber Israelis. The errant bias believes: a. Incorrect exaggerated Palestinian census numbers, b. Wrong assumptions about comparative birth rates, and c. failure to account for continued aliyah (immigration) of millions of Jews still to come home.
- Pray for agreement between the two men to reject the Iran boondoggle. This was clearly stated by both leaders.
- Pray for a warm personal connection between the two. This was also clearly evident.
And as always, pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Les Lawrence, Voice of Christian Zionists (Read more)
Also, check out my prophetic comments on YouTube.